Technical Project Manager
FreeFall Aerospace is developing innovative antenna technology for spacecraft and ground stations. We are seeking an experienced Technical Project Manager to oversee the development and qualification of our antenna systems. The successful candidate will have extensive recent project management experience in the aerospace industry with a demonstrated ability to lead complex system developments involving multiple mechanical and electronic subsystems. Working knowledge of satellite communication principles and antenna systems is highly desirable. Candidates must effectively interface with customers and vendors, establish and track project milestones and deliverables, lead a small technical team including subcontractors, and manage to budget and schedule in a fast-paced environment.
Minimum Requirements for Technical Project Manager
- BS/MS/Ph.D. in ME, EE, AeroE, or a related technical field with at least ten years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience and success in management and delivery of small-scale aerospace systems, including mechanical elements, electronics, and related software, on time and on budget
- Ability to manage vendors and supply chain to ensure timely delivery of materials
- Knowledge and experience with standard project management best practices and tools
- Demonstrated ability to flow top-level requirements through to system design, apply rigorous system engineering principles, and properly document all design decisions
- Excellent communication and team-building skills with the ability to work effectively in a small team environment
- Immediately assume the lead role in the development of FreeFall’s All Sky Antenna ground system
- Plan and oversee all aspects of system development, testing, and environmental qualification, properly document results and interface with customers, vendors, and partners as required
- Support other FreeFall projects as needed, contribute to business development and other company activities
About FreeFall Aerospace
FreeFall Aerospace is developing revolutionary new antenna technology for ground, air, and space. Our innovative spherical antennas draw interest from various commercial and government organizations, offering a wide field of view, efficient beam steering, and low mass and power to simplify and improve satellite communications dramatically. FreeFall was founded in Tucson as a spin-off from the University of Arizona and maintains a close connection with UA faculty and supporters.
Founded in 2016, FreeFall was named the 2019 Startup Innovator of the Year Award by the Arizona Commerce Authority. In early 2021 the company expanded its headquarters in mid-town Tucson, featuring an open floor plan with large windows, standing desks, lab space, and flexible work hours. This collaborative culture emphasizes creativity, teamwork, inclusion, and innovation.
- Competitive salary with full benefits
- Generous company equity participation plan
- Opportunities for travel, conference participation, and regular interaction with industry experts
Email resumé and cover letter to DStetson@FreeFallAerospace.com
FreeFall Aerospace is located at 3525 E Fort Lowell Rd Tucson, AZ 85716.
Follow FreeFall Aerospace on LinkedIn for updates.