Mechanical Engineer/Assembly and Test Engineer in Tucson, Arizona
FreeFall Aerospace is developing innovative antenna technology for spacecraft and ground stations. We are seeking a mechanical engineer to support the fabrication and validation of our antenna systems. This is planned as an entry-level position but can be customized to the skills and experience level of outstanding candidates. The successful candidate will have demonstrated skill and creativity in the fabrication and assembly of mechanical systems. Basic knowledge of satellite communication principles and antenna systems is desirable. Candidates must be “hands-on” and comfortable working with hardware and test equipment in a Design/Build/Test paradigm.
Minimum Requirements for Senior EE/RF Engineer
- Demonstrated skill in the fabrication and assembly of mechanical systems
- BS in mechanical or aerospace engineering or a related technical field preferred
- Experience with SolidWorks or other CAD software
- Experience with basic machine tools and electronics assembly (connectors, soldering, etc.)
- Ability to work effectively in a small team environment
- Work directly with FreeFall senior engineers to build and test prototype antenna systems and related support structures and components
- Undertake and complete tasks with minimal supervision, provide regular progress reports, and provide input to adjust and optimize task plans as needed
- Support development of design documentation and CAD graphics for customer briefings, project reviews, proposals, and marketing activities
About FreeFall Aerospace
FreeFall Aerospace is developing revolutionary new antenna technology for ground, air, and space. Our innovative spherical antennas are drawing interest from a variety of commercial and government organizations, offering a wide field of view, efficient beam steering, and low mass and power to dramatically simplify and improve satellite communications. FreeFall was founded in Tucson as a spin-off from the University of Arizona and maintains a close connection with UA faculty and supporters.
FreeFall Aerospace was formed in 2016 and was named the 2019 Startup Innovator of the Year Award by the Arizona Commerce Authority. In early 2021 the company expanded its headquarters in the heart of mid-town Tucson featuring an open floor plan with large windows, standing desks, lab space, and flexible work hours. This collaborative culture emphasizes creativity, teamwork, inclusion, and innovation.
- Competitive salary with full benefits
- Generous company equity participation plan
- Opportunities for travel, conference participation, and regular interaction with industry experts
Email resumé and cover letter to JBonner@FreeFallAerospace.com
FreeFall Aerospace is located at 3525 E Fort Lowell Rd Tucson, AZ 85716.
Follow FreeFall Aerospace on LinkedIn for updates.