Hiring Spacecraft Systems Engineer
FreeFall Aerospace is developing innovative antenna technology for spacecraft, aerial platforms, and ground stations. We are seeking an experienced spacecraft systems engineer to play a lead role in several current spaceflight projects incorporating our antenna systems. The successful candidate will have broad-based space systems engineering skills including a background in all relevant electrical and mechanical subsystems and requirements, and be capable of designing, integrating, and testing spacecraft components to meet specific customer requirements. Experience with Cubesats and a background in antenna systems integration and test is highly desirable. The candidate must have strong analytical problem-solving skills and the ability to guide small teams and coordinate activities across multiple project areas. He/she must be hands-on and comfortable working with hardware and electronics in a Design/Build/Test paradigm.
Summary of roles and essential job functions for Spacecraft Systems Engineer
- Serve as a systems engineer on a variety of FreeFall antenna projects with an emphasis on spaceflight projects but extending to aerial, and ground antenna systems
- Work with the FreeFall Chief Engineer to implement spacecraft communication systems for demonstration and spaceflight
- Serve as the key knowledge resource for spacecraft hardware components and requirements
- Collaborate on the creation and analysis of new antenna products for a variety of applications with an emphasis on space and ground satcom
- Be familiar with industry, DOD, and civilian government communications priorities and plans, and assist in the identification of new business opportunities in all sectors
- Develop communications subsystem solutions that meet all specified requirements. Conduct trade studies on satellite communications service provider solutions; vehicle communications hardware including antennas, modems, and other related components; ground station equipment, etc.
- Conduct or lead system performance studies including link budgets, parametric analysis, environmental sensitivity, and other factors affecting space and ground performance
- Prepare or collaborate on technical reports, white papers, marketing products, presentations, trade shows, etc. to depict results of the antenna development and test activities and to advance business opportunities
- Stay abreast of new opportunities and maintain expert knowledge of the competitive landscape to ensure that FreeFall is always at the forefront of antenna system design and implementation
- BS+10, MS+5, or equivalent
- Experience as a spacecraft systems engineer or subsystem specialist in telecommunications, mechanical systems, attitude control, or other spaceflight disciplines
- Experience in building, testing, and delivering flight hardware
- Demonstrated success in leading and managing projects, and excellent communication skills
Email with resumé and cover letter.