Senior EE/RF Engineer in Tucson, Arizona
FreeFall Aerospace is developing innovative antenna technology for spacecraft and ground stations. We are seeking a senior EE/RF Engineer to advance our technology and lead our antenna development projects. This is an ideal opportunity for a highly motivated, experienced individual to have a dramatic impact on the rapidly growing satellite communications industry and to share in the success of an early-stage company that is poised for explosive growth.
Minimum Requirements for Senior EE/RF Engineer
- EE or related field; BS/MS with 10 years or Ph.D. with 5 years directly relevant RF engineering experience
- Expert knowledge of antenna theory, antenna system design and test, and antenna product development for commercial and government customers
- Experience with EM simulation tools and test equipment for near field/far field antenna characterization
- Demonstrated success leading a team in prototype development and test, preferably with a focus on Satcom antenna systems
- Experience interfacing with customers including industry and government
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Lead the creation and analysis of new antenna products for a variety of space and ground applications
- Oversee analytical studies of antenna characteristics and performance; guide modeling and simulation and assist with interpretation of results; develop system specifications and lead their verification
- Conduct or lead system performance studies including link budgets, parametric analyses, environmental sensitivity, and other factors affecting space and ground performance
- Utilize systems engineering principles to implement a requirements-driven product design, development, and test program
- Understand manufacturing and operational requirements and challenges to ensure that FreeFall products meet customer requirements for performance, reliability, physical characteristics, and cost
- Work closely with company leadership to develop a strategic approach to antenna product definition and action plans, and collaborate on technical reports, presentations, and marketing products
- Stay abreast of new opportunities and maintain expert knowledge of the competitive landscape
About FreeFall Aerospace
FreeFall Aerospace is developing revolutionary new antenna technology for ground, air, and space. Our innovative spherical antennas are drawing interest from a variety of commercial and government organizations, offering a wide field of view, efficient beam steering, and low mass and power to dramatically simplify and improve satellite communications. FreeFall was founded in Tucson as a spin-off from the University of Arizona and maintains a close connection with UA faculty and supporters.
FreeFall Aerospace was formed in 2016 and was named the 2019 Startup Innovator of the Year Award by the Arizona Commerce Authority. In early 2021 the company expanded its headquarters in the heart of mid-town Tucson featuring an open floor plan with large windows, standing desks, lab space, and flexible work hours. This collaborative culture emphasizes creativity, teamwork, inclusion, and innovation.
- Competitive salary with full benefits
- Generous company equity participation plan
- Opportunities for travel, conference participation, and regular interaction with industry experts
Email resumé and cover letter to JBonner@FreeFallAerospace.com
FreeFall Aerospace is located at 3525 E Fort Lowell Rd Tucson, AZ 85716.
Follow FreeFall Aerospace on LinkedIn for updates.